Calabrian Egg Sandwich
- 1 brioche bun, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 tbsp Calabrian Peppers, Chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 1/4 c basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet on medium
- Dip a pastry brush (or a spoon) into the chopped Calabrian pepper jar to coat brush with oil. Apply oil to cut sides of bread.
- Cook the bread slices (cut side down) in the skillet for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bread when done.
- With the skillet on medium heat, sprinkle the parmesan onto the skillet
- Allow the parmesan to melt and crisp up for about 2–3 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Crack the egg into the skillet and cook it over easy, about 2–3 minutes
- Crush the basil between your hands to release its flavor
- Place the egg on one slice then add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped Calabrian chili peppers, then the basil and finally the parmesan crisp.
- Top with the second slice of bread. Enjoy!