Recipes By: Derrika Mayweather
1 jar Vegan Pesto, Nut-Free
9 lasagna noodles (vegan and gluten free)
2 vegan eggs
1 cup vegan ricotta cheese
1 cup vegan heavy cream
½ c nondairy milk
2 c vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ c vegan Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 c mushrooms, sliced
4 c fresh spinach leaves
2 tbsps vegan butter
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Smoked paprika, to taste
Chili powder, to taste
- Cook your lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat your nondairy milk. Slowly add ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese. Once melted, add pepper, paprika, and chili pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pan, melt your vegan butter over medium heat. Sauté the finely chopped onion and minced garlic until softened. Season with salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and chili powder to taste.
- Add your sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until they release their moisture and become tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add your heavy cream along with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Once cheese is melted, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine Pesto with your vegan ricotta cheese. Add your vegan eggs and stir well.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking dish, layer the lasagna by spreading a thin layer of the creamy sauce on the bottom. Place a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles on top.
- Spread a portion of the seasoned pesto ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by the vegetable cream sauce. Add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the baking dish, finishing with a layer of cheese. Drizzle Divina’s Vegan Pesto and the seasoned creamy sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for thirty minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional ten minutes to allow the top to brown.
- Allow the vegan pesto lasagna to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious vegan pesto lasagna!