- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, place the block of feta in the middle. In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, olives, shallots and garlic with the ¼ cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter that around the feta. Drizzle ½ tablespoon of oil over the feta and season that with salt and pepper as well.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- While the dish bakes, prepare your pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Remove the feta dish from the oven. Add the chopped basil and stir everything together to combine. Add the pasta and stir again until everything is mixed together.
- Garnish with extra basil, and fresh parmesan if desired.