On a recent trip to Crete we were fortunate to spend some time with the Renieris family who have been crafting our single estate, PGI certified EVOO for generations. For the first time ever, we are taking you straight to the fields and presses to experience the craftmanship that goes into making every bottle of Renieris Estate oil.
We’ve been using Sliced Pepperoncini as a surprise ingredient on sandwiches and salads for years so imagine our delight when we found out that Bon Appetit just declared these iconic Greek peppers as one of their favorite sandwich toppers. From grilled cheeses to Greek salad pita pockets, we love their briny, fruity, spicy crunch.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution recently featured our Buffalo Blue Olives, Roasted Tomatoes and Fig Spread on their best-of tailgating list. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy these gameday favorites:
Buffalo Blue Olives: panko-fried and served with celery, carrots and ranch
Roasted Tomatoes: on a burger or sausage hero with fresh Mozzarella
Fig Spread: glazed on a burger or chicken before hitting the grill
There is no “right way” to build a board. Make it fun, pick your favorites and prep a backup ahead of time…you’ll need it!
Your board should have a sampling to suit all tastes. We suggest:
- 3 cheeses (one universal favorite like Cheddar, one upgraded but approachable selection like Brie and then one wild card…anything you like!)
- 4-7 assorted olives and antipasti
- 1 jar of tapenade (sweet like fig or savory like olive)
- Some handfuls of mixed nuts and dried fruit
- Toasted baguette and crackers (maybe gluten free just in case)