We’ve taken liberties with this Middle Eastern bulgur-flecked herb salad and substituted roasted tomatoes for raw. They give it a more robust flavor, though the fresh parsley and mint are really the outstanding heroes.
Divina Roasted Tomatoes are grown in the USA and harvested by hand before being slowly roasted with olive oil, garlic and herbs.
- Put the bulgur and 1 cup boiling water into a large bowl. Let sit until the bulgur swells and has absorbed all the water, about 1 hour.
- Fluff the bulgur with a fork.
- Add the parsley, scallions, mint, and roasted tomatoes to the bowl and toss well.
- Season with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.