Selecting the right extra virgin olive oil for a pasta dish that doesn't rely on a heavy sauce can make all the difference. Our Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil is crafted with estate-grown, single origin olives. The olives are crushed soon after harvest resulting in an oil that is buttery, peppery and fruity…perfect for this pasta with lemon and dill. There are other short pasta shapes that could be used for this dish, but orecchiette, named for its dimpled round shape resembling small ears, is suited to cup the chickpeas perfectly.
1 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
3 tbsp Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml)
2 tbsp dill, chopped
2 tbsp oregano, chopped
2 tbsp basil, chopped
to taste salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, until just tender, 8–10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Put the pasta in a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon over the pasta.
- Add the juice from half of the lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well, adjust the seasonings, and serve.