Skip to content
- 2 tbsp Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (750 ml)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-3 chipotle peppers, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c water
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- sea salt and black pepper
For the Orange Fig Basting Sauce
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet
- Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and chopped chipotle peppers and sauté another 5 minutes. Add paprika and tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add orange fig spread, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide into two bowls, one for basting and one to serve on the side.
For the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe wire rack on top
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken in batches until well browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Do not crowd the pan.
- After browning chicken, set aside on prepared rack and brush with half of the
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, brushing with remaining basting sauce halfway through, until done or when a thermometer inserted into thigh registers 165°F and juices run clear
- Tent chicken with foil and let rest 10–15 minutes before serving