Recipe By: Pamela Salzman
1 ½ tsp garlic powder or granulated garlic
1 ½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
1 lemon, grated for zest
2 tsp sea salt, divided
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces (breasts and/or thighs), patted dry and cut into 2"
pieces (thighs can be cut in half or left whole if small)
3 tbsp Divina Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil or the oil from a jar of Divina Roasted Red Tomatoes
1 onion, chopped or ½ c Divina Caramelized Onion Jam
3 garlic cloves, chopped
¾ cup Divina Roasted Tomatoes
¼ cup Divina Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
1 ½ cup long-grain white rice (organic white basmati rice is my favorite)
2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
¼ cup Divina Pitted Kalamata Olives
6 Divina Dolmas, halved
1 jar Divina Marinated Feta & Olives, drained
chopped fresh parsley and/or dill (optional)
black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the garlic powder, oregano, paprika, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of salt (if using unsalted chicken stock), and a few grinds of black pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. This can be done a day in advance, if desired.
- In a 10" straight-sided sauté pan, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces in one layer and brown on both sides, about 2–3 minutes each side. Do not cook through and do not brown too much. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté until slightly tender, about 5 minutes (if using Caramelized Onion Jam instead, add that to the skillet). Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, red peppers and 3 tbsp of stock to the pan and raise the heat. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze and remove the bits stuck to the bottom.
- Add the rice, stock and olives and bring the liquid to a boil. Arrange the chicken pieces and halved dolmas on top. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Most of the liquid should now be absorbed. Sprinkle the Marinated Feta & Olives over the whole dish and cover for 10 minutes. Garnish with herbs (if using) and serve.