4 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 tbsp Divina Date Spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8" square baking pan with foil, making sure to press foil into corners and up the sides; foil should overhang on 2 sides. Lightly butter the foil.
- Add 4 tbsp butter and brown sugar to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the butter is melted, about 1 minute. Mix in vanilla extract. Let mixture cool slightly and then stir in egg.
- Stir the flour, salt and baking powder together in a medium-sized bowl. Add butter mixture and stir. Add the butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Pour batter into baking pan, spreading evenly. Add dollops of Date Spread on top of batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake until batter sets, about 20–25 minutes. Place pan on rack to cool for 15 minutes, then lift foil out of pan and transfer to rack.
- Let blondies cool completely. When cool, remove foil and cut into bars.