Torchetti with Olives & Capers
Pasta & Pizza
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Castelvetrano Olives, Pitted
- 1 tbsp drained and chopped Organic Capers
- 4 cloves pickled garlic, minced
- 4 filets anchovies, minced
- 2 tsp preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml)
- 1/2 pound pasta
- to taste salt & pepper
Any green olive will do for this green sauce, but we particularly like using Sicilian Divina Castelvetrano or Frescatrano olives. They are the prettiest bright green, meaty, and sweet.
Stir together the olives, parsley, capers, garlic, anchovies, preserved lemon, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat until just tender, 10–12 minutes. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the bowl with the sauce and toss well. Adjust the seasonings. Serve warm or at room temperature.