Sweet n’ Spicy Grilled Cheese
Between the Bread
1 butternut squash
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter, unsalted, at room temperature
2 slices artisanal bread (we love sourdough!)
2 tbsp Divina Chili Fig Spread
3 oz Brie, sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Butternut Squash Slices
1. Peel squash with a sturdy vegetable peeler, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut off ends and scoop out the seeds.
2. Slice halves into 1/3" slices. Sprinkle slices with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer slices onto a baking sheet coated with 1 tsp of olive oil
4. Roast slices in oven at 430°F for 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking time. Slices are done when fork passes through easily.
*Pro Tip* Leftover slices can be used to make more sandwiches, soup or a puree!
Putting Together the Sandwich
1. Take one piece of bread and add sliced Brie on top of bread. Add a butternut slice or two over the Brie layer and spoon chili fig spread over it. Place remaining slice of bread over spread.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat
3. Place sandwich in pan once butter is melted and cover the pan. Cook until bottom slice of bread is golden brown.
4. When bottom slice is golden brown, add remaining 1 tbsp butter and flip sandwich. Again, cover pan and cook until bottom slice is golden brown, and cheese is thoroughly melted.