Olive Salsa Verde
Dips & Sauces
makes 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano Olives, Pitted
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 filets anchovies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Organic Capers
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml)
- to taste salt & pepper
Though many countries have their version of this sauce, the best known is from Italy. The Italians traditionally serve this “green sauce” with boiled meats. But its deep green, piquant flavor complements everything from fish to steamed vegetables. We like to stir a spoonful into soups, vinaigrettes, beans, and stews. Substitute basil for a more Italian flavor. For the olives, we suggest Sicilian Castelvetrano or Greek Frescatrano.
Put the parsley, olives, scallions, tarragon, anchovies, garlic, capers, vinegar, and olive oil into a medium bowl and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust the flavors with a little more vinegar if you want a brighter, sharper flavored sauce, or with more olive oil if you want it milder.