Halibut with Salsa Verde
- ½ c parsley, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ c coarsely chopped Frescatrano Olives, Pitted
- 2 tbsp chives, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ –½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 ½ tbsp Renieris Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 halibut fillets, 6 oz each
- 2 small lemons, halved
- Combine parsley, olives, chives, shallot, lemon zest, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle and rub the paprika mixture onto one side of the fillets.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Add remaining 1 ½ tablespoons oil, swirling to coat skillet. Add fillets; cook until they’re golden brown and release easily from skillet—about 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and cook until crisped and flesh is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside to rest.
- Wipe skillet clean. Sear lemon halves, cut side down, until slightly charred, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange fillets on a serving dish and spoon salsa verde on top. Serve warm with charred lemons.