Buffalo Blue Biscuits
Appetizers & Sides
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 c buttermilk or regular milk, cold
- 1 c Buffalo Blue Olives
- 1/2 c pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Position an oven rack so it is in the top third of the oven.
- Drain Buffalo Blue Olives® and roughly chop or slice. If choosing to add pepperoni, chop or slice that as well.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Using your fingers or fork, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles small pebbles. Add buttermilk and gently mix until a rough dough is formed. Mix in the chopped or sliced Buffalo Blue Olives® and pepperoni (do not overmix).
- Scoop dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently gather into a 1-inch-thick square
- Using a 2" round biscuit cutter, cut as many rounds as your square will allow. Gather the scraps once, reform and cut a few more. (You will have about 12 biscuits.)
- Place rounds on a small, rimmed baking sheet so that they touch each other. Bake in the top third of the oven until light golden brown and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!