Mex-Med fusion gets kicked into high gear with our take on shrimp tacos. Adding Gigandes beans provides a creaminess that typically comes from sour cream and cheese. If you have vegetarian guests they can skip the shrimp and double up on the beans.
- 1 cup Gigandes Beans in Vinaigrette, drained (reserve marinade)
- 1 lb Shrimp, shelled, de-veined
- 12 Soft corn tortillas, 6″ rounds
- 1 bag Cole slaw mix (or 2-3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 3 Limes (2 juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat the shrimp dry and add to a bowl along with reserved marinade from beans. Spread marinated shrimp out on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and roast in oven until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine shredded cabbage with juice of 1 lime and season with salt and pepper. Heat tortillas according to package and serve with cooked shrimp, Gigandes beans, cabbage, lime wedges, and sprigs of fresh cilantro.