We love to make this with Italian Castelvetrano or Cerignola because those olives tend to be big, buttery and a perfect counterpart for the acidity of the lemon and vinegar.
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Put the olives, garlic, vinegar, red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt, and some pepper into a small bowl and stir together. Add the olive oil, stirring it in. Adjust the seasonings.